Thursday, March 12, 2009

And here's my pitch...

I am striving to be a national champion by the time I ride for 'Dream For The Stars' this September. I intend to show the world that I've learned enough from 'Dream For The Stars' that I can believe in myself. So much so, that I can get others to believe in me, too.
I am a Time Trial-ist. They call Time Trialing the 'race of truth' because it is you, your bicycle, and the clock. No other riders pulling you along, no help-- just you and the pain ;)
Last year was my first year attending 'master's nationals' and I finished 7th in the TT. I did that on inexpensive wheels and an 'E-Bay' TT bike. This year I want to 'podium', which means securing one of the winning positions--on the podium. I want fourth or better. To do so, I need to beg, borrow, or 'get sponsored' Time Trial wheels-- including a disc wheel. I won't buy those wheels, because with that amount of money, I would be able to equip a couple of our DFTS riders... or feed a small Appalachian town... It is above the means of a Nashville Musician/writer!
So... Help. Please. Any and all ideas welcomed. Because I can 'do this thing'!

and now I need to go do my part... sweat

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh beth, talk about your 'shameless self promotion'. Good job! Go girl!